Skip to main content

The Many-Faceted Life of Lavender: Seasonal Allergies

 

A few Springs ago we made a trip to South Georgia to visit family. Now, being a resident of the Memphis, Tennessee area I am well acquainted with seasonal allergies; but nothing had prepared me for the sneezing, itchy eyes, and total discomfort of the allergy season I encountered there. Nothing at all!

As a reflexologist, I know the value of reflexology for helping to relieve allergy symptoms. Alas, I did not have one available to me. Young Living Essentials Oils, however, are also a big part of my life. Of course, I had a goody bag full of these with me. I had heard others say that lavender on the back of the neck just above the hairline often often provided them great relief. Guess what? I tried it! It worked!! And I used it ALOT!!!

Lavender is often nicknamed the "Swiss Army Knife" of essential oils, because of its many-faceted benefits. I had often used a drop or two on my pillow as a sleep aid. I knew its potential effectiveness for helping to heal burns and skin irritations (diluted please). The benefits list goes on and on.

With Spring a great time of renewal we expect the pollens in the air. A bottle of lavender in your medicine cabinet (or better yet, in your purse or backpack) may be a perfect natural choice for you. If you would like to learn more about lavender essential oil, please leave a message here on the blog. I would love to share more.

To learn more about Young Living Essential Oils, please visit this link.

Just as an afterword here, I've also planted some lavender in my herb garden. Looking forward to some lovely fragrant flowers later this summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An arm and hand massage

The basic plan. " An arm and hand massage". Learn and practice by yourself easily with 19 people on the basic arm and hand. Relieve muscle aches. Relieve sprains. Allows for better blood circulation. The skin keeps your skin radiant, bright and relieve stress. The basic Massage - massage arms and hands. Tha 1 " chopped arms". Reduce pain, muscle aches, arm. Relieve sprains and arm. • How to massage the massage was lying flat on the floor or couch. Head into the pillow. Turn palms up, arms stretched straight. A massage with both hands placed on the right shoulder. Set up for all hands. Thumb and little finger on his hand experience with the massage. Chopped by hand from the shoulder to the wrist muscles by blocking the hack. I switch back and forth from shoulder to wrist, then switch to the next position. The basic Massage - massage arms and hands. Port 2 " press arm". Reduce pain, muscle aches, arm. • How to massage the massage was lying flat on t

Laughter is the sound of play.

I loved this article sent to me so much I had to share it. It's from the "Inner Quality Tip"  Newsletter from Heartmath.com . Wow... to be a kid again! THE LIGHTER SIDE Someone once told me while I was in the midst of a difficult situation, if there's the slightest chance you might look back on this some day and laugh about it, start laughing now. Granted, this doesn't always work, but it sure has helped me get through some tough times.  In addition to facilitating a perceptual shift, laughter has a lot of other benefits. Studies  1  on humor and laughter from Duke University, Loma Linda University, UCLA and others have shown: Laughing helps relax tense muscles. It reduces the production of stress hormones. Laughter and a positive attitude strengthen the immune system. It allows a person to 'forget' about aches and pains and perceive pain as less intense. A good laugh is like an aerobic workout for the heart and lungs--increasing the body's ability to

Finding Peace with Unbearable People

I found a great article and exercise about How to Get Along with People You Don’t Like (And Make Your Life More Peaceful in the Process) . In a nutshell, Brian Vaszily explains the importance of identifying the people who we dislike or make us feel anything but fabulous (not usually hard to find). Then to dig for something, anything, that is of a positive nature in them. Something worth emulating. And then to focus on those qualities. Of course, this is not to say we should put ourselves in harms way by being in a hostile relationship, but to give us a chance to find peace in those relationships that seem to wrap themselves around us. As Wayne Dyer says, " Loving people live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world." Enjoy Brian Vaszily's article at IntenseExperiences.com This is another great time to mention Bryon Katie's Work, which is another incredibly powerful way to help deal with people you don't like or can't stand. Katie h