Skip to main content

Savor the Moments


It's Friday afternoon just a few days before Christmas. My shopping is complete, the gifts wrapped, and the house is almost ready for our family's Christmas festivities. To have today and tomorrow to relax a little has been wonderful. My thoughts (as they have so often the last few weeks) continue to turn to exactly how it is we should be celebrating this season. JESUS IS THE VERY BEST GIFT EVER. My gifts can in no way compare -- and they aren't even handmade this year as they have been so often in the past. The momentary pleasures and joys -- they're memories worth keeping. Like the one yesterday when my 2 year old granddaughter and I visited the Enchanted Forest.

This exhibit of elves and forest creatures having fun in the snow while busy preparing all the toys and fun Santa will soon deliver, features old, old motorized animals and elfs. The animals were all waving to the children as we wandered our way through the exhibit which now finds its home at The Pink Palace Museum in Memphis. It's had a few homes over the years, and has thrilled children for decades. Mikah was no exception. What a delight it was to watch her move from one scene to the next waving and shouting, "hello" to each character that was waving to her. The surprise that she registered that these characters were not talking back was such a treat.

I believe that the celebration of Jesus birth through worship and praise and sharing His love is the obvious first consideration in this season, which holds so much promise of JOY unending! Spending time with Mikah yesterday -- that was a gift from her to me -- and a gift of time and love shared. I was so thankful that my life was not so rushed, I was able to take the time to make a memory, and I believe Jesus smiled on us and our adventure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALIVE! My Morphed Newsletter

SENSE ABOUT SCENTS has morphed. As an Independent Representative of the Young Living Essential Oils company, many received a monthly newsletter via email, SENSE ABOUT SCENTS. Since discovering the wonderful ONEGroup miessence® line of organic skincare and cosmetics , and launching my FOOTSTEPS IN EDEN reflexology business I've seen what I believe are some awesome reasons for morphing that newsletter into this wonderful blog. Since late October I have been working to bring blog readers helpful information on a variety of health and wellness topics. I've also included links to fun, informative, and educational spots on the web offering products and services I believe my readers will love and enjoy. When I am forced to categorize this blog, it's under health and wellness, but my readers also find posts and links relating to greening our world, family, spiritual matters, shopping, and more. In the last couple of weeks I've learned to offer an opportunity for readers to be...

Raw Food Facts

Of all the species of life on earth throughout history, only one alters it from its original raw state. No wonder why our species experiences more diseases than all other species combined. The SAD diet includes on average about 5,000 artificial additives each year. Raw broccoli contains just about as much calcium as whole milk and is linked to lower cancer risks.

Reflexology for Summertime Feet

Recently stumbled across this comment in roaming around lots of great blogs out there: "Every barefoot adventure should come with a reflexologist included." I couldn't agree more! Thankfully, the days are warming up a bit. Sandal and barefoot weather are just around the corner. You may have even taken that step already on a few of the warmer days. We've all seen the outcome of running barefoot and wearing sandals all summer. The elements we encounter do tend to do some damage -- blisters, callouses, dry rough skin, etc...you know all about that. Those callouses and rough skin may keep some areas of your feet from receiving the stimulation the various reflex points require to keep all the organs in your body functioning optimally. Those barefoot adventures coming with a reflexologist is surely a potential feel good health & wellness experience extraordinaire!