Skip to main content

THE MOON

I would like to share an inspirational story dedicated to my dearest mom who passed away on the 27th January, 2013.

My mom was a firm believer in the energies of the full moon and used to do a full moon meditation each month.  The time of her passing was one could say by co-incidence, but I believe planned by her.  She passed at the full moon as it was shining brightly in the sky.  On Thursday the 25th April would have been her 80th birthday and it also happened to be full moon!

We gathered as a family at the cliff paths in our gorgeous little town to lay her ashes, her favourite place to walk.  The moon was so full and shining so brightly over the sea and there wasn't a breath of wind.  We wrote on floating lanterns and set them off into the sky.  Ending with the OM sound and saying her favourite prayer - The Great Invocation.  Truly the most incredible ceremony, which left me feeling on a high for a while.

What a wonderful reminder each month of my beautiful mom.

Hamba kakuhle mama wam, siyathanda kakuhle!............go well on your journey my mother, we love you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALIVE! My Morphed Newsletter

SENSE ABOUT SCENTS has morphed. As an Independent Representative of the Young Living Essential Oils company, many received a monthly newsletter via email, SENSE ABOUT SCENTS. Since discovering the wonderful ONEGroup miessence® line of organic skincare and cosmetics , and launching my FOOTSTEPS IN EDEN reflexology business I've seen what I believe are some awesome reasons for morphing that newsletter into this wonderful blog. Since late October I have been working to bring blog readers helpful information on a variety of health and wellness topics. I've also included links to fun, informative, and educational spots on the web offering products and services I believe my readers will love and enjoy. When I am forced to categorize this blog, it's under health and wellness, but my readers also find posts and links relating to greening our world, family, spiritual matters, shopping, and more. In the last couple of weeks I've learned to offer an opportunity for readers to be...

Raw Food Facts

Of all the species of life on earth throughout history, only one alters it from its original raw state. No wonder why our species experiences more diseases than all other species combined. The SAD diet includes on average about 5,000 artificial additives each year. Raw broccoli contains just about as much calcium as whole milk and is linked to lower cancer risks.

Reflexology for Summertime Feet

Recently stumbled across this comment in roaming around lots of great blogs out there: "Every barefoot adventure should come with a reflexologist included." I couldn't agree more! Thankfully, the days are warming up a bit. Sandal and barefoot weather are just around the corner. You may have even taken that step already on a few of the warmer days. We've all seen the outcome of running barefoot and wearing sandals all summer. The elements we encounter do tend to do some damage -- blisters, callouses, dry rough skin, etc...you know all about that. Those callouses and rough skin may keep some areas of your feet from receiving the stimulation the various reflex points require to keep all the organs in your body functioning optimally. Those barefoot adventures coming with a reflexologist is surely a potential feel good health & wellness experience extraordinaire!