Skip to main content

Green Facts for Footsteps In Eden Reflexology

Does Footsteps In Eden Reflexology in Bartlett, TN, have eco-friendly practices, and what are they? While I have been pondering a blog post on this topic for awhile now, I was smacked in the face with it this morning as I was registering my business with Angie's List. That was a 'surprise' question to me in that 'setting,' but a great one as well to make me think how to answer. Kudos to Angie's List for asking!

First of all, don't you just love the green footprint?!?! How perfect to find that little jewel for a post on eco-practices in my reflexology business. Just love it! Now on to what Footsteps In Eden Reflexology does do to be green.

  • Just the very nature of reflexology makes it a VERY GREEN business. There's really nothing actually required for this therapy except a client and a reflexologist's hands (OK, they will need to be attached to the reflexologist - LOL).
  • I work from my home. Situated in a park like setting, it is surrounded by GREEN.
  • Products that are organic and sustainably produced are used whenever possible. These include, but are not limited to lotions and aromatherapy essential oils.
  • Paper waste is greatly minimized by reusable linens and hand towels.
  • All linens are laundered with eco-friendly products.
  • The Thieves® line of products from Young Living,* provides anti-bacterial, anti-septic, anti-fungal protection for cleaning routines, personally and within the space. Thieves® products are all natural and plant-based, with no added toxic ingredients.
  • Recently, we invested in a BioCerra pitcher. This allows us to provide our clients with filtered high pH, electrolyte added water in their own cup or a biodegradable to go cup. This is allowing us to eliminate the use of plastic water bottles.
  • Our space is located where heat and air are only used when necessary for clients' comfort, saving precious energy resources.
Do you have suggestions for more green ideas we might use? We would love to hear about them.

*Use "Thieves" as your search term on this website to learn much about these wonderful products.

Above photo from canstockphoto




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raw Food Facts

Of all the species of life on earth throughout history, only one alters it from its original raw state. No wonder why our species experiences more diseases than all other species combined. The SAD diet includes on average about 5,000 artificial additives each year. Raw broccoli contains just about as much calcium as whole milk and is linked to lower cancer risks.

ALIVE! My Morphed Newsletter

SENSE ABOUT SCENTS has morphed. As an Independent Representative of the Young Living Essential Oils company, many received a monthly newsletter via email, SENSE ABOUT SCENTS. Since discovering the wonderful ONEGroup miessence® line of organic skincare and cosmetics , and launching my FOOTSTEPS IN EDEN reflexology business I've seen what I believe are some awesome reasons for morphing that newsletter into this wonderful blog. Since late October I have been working to bring blog readers helpful information on a variety of health and wellness topics. I've also included links to fun, informative, and educational spots on the web offering products and services I believe my readers will love and enjoy. When I am forced to categorize this blog, it's under health and wellness, but my readers also find posts and links relating to greening our world, family, spiritual matters, shopping, and more. In the last couple of weeks I've learned to offer an opportunity for readers to be...

New Science of Yoga Program

I f you're like me, if/when you started yoga you may have felt very confused by all the choices. Making sense of yoga and figuring out the right approach was, for me, frustrating to say the least. Then I found something that made all the difference in the world. It took the mystery out of yoga and gave me all the tools and guidance I needed to totally transform my health and my life ... What if there was a way for you to stop spinning your wheels too and finally start realizing all the great health benefits of yoga ... quickly and more easily than you even imagined? Well, I'm excited to tell you that now there is! Yogacharya, director of International Yogalayam, has just released his newest (and in my opinion, best) yoga home study program called The Science of Yoga . This one of a kind yoga training course just got released to the public today , and with the special offer on it for the next 72 hours , you really can't go wrong (there's even 3 excellent free bonuses in...