Skip to main content

Really Seeing

Being aware of our senses and their benefits to us as we explore the world around us is a really big deal. A few blog posts and many days moving into weeks ago I share a post about discovering our senses and promised to share more. My plans were temporarily derailed. Back again, intending to expand on the subject.

As I recall building imaginary walls around myself to protect myself from the many pains of my childhood, I wonder how much of the world around me I really missed seeing. Really seeing. It was so easy to stick my nose in a book and escape on someone else's adventure than it was to participate in many of my own. I remember my mother encouraging me to look at "all the beautiful scenery." An invitation I often ignored.

With all the mental details flying through my mind, it often requires intentional effort to "take it all in." I've done much better with this, but it still amazes me at how easily I can have tunnel vision, drive down the street with my mind engaged elsewhere and miss everything. I'm believing I am not alone here. Our hurry up world with its super-sized demands on our time and attention can be an incredibly large distraction for taking time to view the details and beauty of the creation and the created all around us.

How do you make time to see this happen in your life? (pun intended)

Photo from canstockphoto.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALIVE! My Morphed Newsletter

SENSE ABOUT SCENTS has morphed. As an Independent Representative of the Young Living Essential Oils company, many received a monthly newsletter via email, SENSE ABOUT SCENTS. Since discovering the wonderful ONEGroup miessence® line of organic skincare and cosmetics , and launching my FOOTSTEPS IN EDEN reflexology business I've seen what I believe are some awesome reasons for morphing that newsletter into this wonderful blog. Since late October I have been working to bring blog readers helpful information on a variety of health and wellness topics. I've also included links to fun, informative, and educational spots on the web offering products and services I believe my readers will love and enjoy. When I am forced to categorize this blog, it's under health and wellness, but my readers also find posts and links relating to greening our world, family, spiritual matters, shopping, and more. In the last couple of weeks I've learned to offer an opportunity for readers to be...

Raw Food Facts

Of all the species of life on earth throughout history, only one alters it from its original raw state. No wonder why our species experiences more diseases than all other species combined. The SAD diet includes on average about 5,000 artificial additives each year. Raw broccoli contains just about as much calcium as whole milk and is linked to lower cancer risks.

Exploring the Connection Between Mental Health and Physical Well-being: Unveiling the Path to Holistic Healing and Happiness

🧠💚 Seeking a deeper understanding of the intricate connection between mental health and physical well-being? Embark on a transformative journey as we delve into the profound impact of mental well-being on our overall health and happiness. In this comprehensive exploration, we'll uncover the link between stress, emotions, and physical ailments, and unveil holistic approaches to healing and nurturing both the mind and body. Let's embark on a path to holistic well-being and unlock the secrets to a happier, healthier life. 🌟🌱 1. The Mind-Body Connection: Unraveling the Complex Relationship Gain insights into the fascinating interplay between the mind and body. Discover how our thoughts, emotions, and experiences impact our physical health and vice versa. Explore the connection between stress, inflammation, and chronic conditions, and learn about the role of mindfulness and stress management in promoting overall well-being. 🧘‍♂️🌡️ 2. Mental Health and Physical Ailm...