Skip to main content

RED MEAT

I haven't eaten red meat since I was about the age of 13. I went to a boarding school, where I am convinced that they served us the old donkeys that used to walk passed the school! It put me off terribly. I have never fed it to my children either, as I just feel we are healthier without it. A long time ago, I had a boyfriend who was a farmer. He insisted that I go with him to the abbatoirs one time and I have never forgotten that experience. The whole way to the abbatoir, the animals were very restless. When we got there, the animals that were on the truck wouldn't get off. They had to be forced. It broke my heart, not to mention the adrenaline that was pumping through them. They obviously knew what was going on........now how can that not affect the meat we eat?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALIVE! My Morphed Newsletter

SENSE ABOUT SCENTS has morphed. As an Independent Representative of the Young Living Essential Oils company, many received a monthly newsletter via email, SENSE ABOUT SCENTS. Since discovering the wonderful ONEGroup miessence® line of organic skincare and cosmetics , and launching my FOOTSTEPS IN EDEN reflexology business I've seen what I believe are some awesome reasons for morphing that newsletter into this wonderful blog. Since late October I have been working to bring blog readers helpful information on a variety of health and wellness topics. I've also included links to fun, informative, and educational spots on the web offering products and services I believe my readers will love and enjoy. When I am forced to categorize this blog, it's under health and wellness, but my readers also find posts and links relating to greening our world, family, spiritual matters, shopping, and more. In the last couple of weeks I've learned to offer an opportunity for readers to be...

Raw Food Facts

Of all the species of life on earth throughout history, only one alters it from its original raw state. No wonder why our species experiences more diseases than all other species combined. The SAD diet includes on average about 5,000 artificial additives each year. Raw broccoli contains just about as much calcium as whole milk and is linked to lower cancer risks.

Living Food (Raw Food)

Living Food (Raw Food) Why choose living foods? Live (Raw) contain more life (more enzymes your body needs to digest so it doesn't have to deplete other resources, more vitamins, minerals and nutrients, and more vital life energy to name a few). Is a Twinkie, sausage, or donut grow when you plant it in the ground? Can a cooked apple re-grow itself? Nope. But I have a whole seedling patio garden started from the seeds of the fresh, live food I eat. That is life force. (So I actually haven't tried to plant donut, but I would be amazed if a donut tree sprouted up!) There is a wealth of information on Raw and Living foods in books and on the internet. I hope to touch base just a bit more here, but if you are at all interested check out the other links and resources on the subject. I am not here to judge an eating, health or any lifestyle practice someone else has. I think it is important to enjoy, approve and be happy with our own individual lives . And if this lifestyle could be p...