Skip to main content

Is There Mercury in Your Mascara?

So, what is in your mascara anyway? Mercury is not often listed as an ingredient (or it's disguised as something else) on the labels. When this article came across my desktop this morning I was very upset. I was even more upset when I visited the SkinDeep website to look at mascaras listed there.

Whether or not the 400 or so mascaras I found contain mercury, I really do not know. What I do know is that all but a very few fell into the moderate to high concern groups. Many of them rated 6-8 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest level of concern to the consumer.

Now you may have already guessed that I would have a product to share with you that falls in the safer "green" (0-2 concern level) section of the SkinDeep database. Pictured above is the miessence® mascara. This product was in the safest 3% of all mascaras listed. WOW!! I'm certainly thankful that is what is going on my eyelashes these days -- at least on the days I really do add a little enhancement to my middle-age face.

With so many topics I would love to tell you about, I come back to these products often. Please know that my heart is to inform you of the healthier options that are available. Whether you visit ONEGroup's miessence® line and perhaps even become a customer, or choose from another source, I pray that you will consider the safety of the products you use for yourself and your family. This organic company's prominent headline "What is Your Skin Eating?" calls from their homepage. So, WHAT IS your skin eating?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALIVE! My Morphed Newsletter

SENSE ABOUT SCENTS has morphed. As an Independent Representative of the Young Living Essential Oils company, many received a monthly newsletter via email, SENSE ABOUT SCENTS. Since discovering the wonderful ONEGroup miessence® line of organic skincare and cosmetics , and launching my FOOTSTEPS IN EDEN reflexology business I've seen what I believe are some awesome reasons for morphing that newsletter into this wonderful blog. Since late October I have been working to bring blog readers helpful information on a variety of health and wellness topics. I've also included links to fun, informative, and educational spots on the web offering products and services I believe my readers will love and enjoy. When I am forced to categorize this blog, it's under health and wellness, but my readers also find posts and links relating to greening our world, family, spiritual matters, shopping, and more. In the last couple of weeks I've learned to offer an opportunity for readers to be...

Raw Food Facts

Of all the species of life on earth throughout history, only one alters it from its original raw state. No wonder why our species experiences more diseases than all other species combined. The SAD diet includes on average about 5,000 artificial additives each year. Raw broccoli contains just about as much calcium as whole milk and is linked to lower cancer risks.

Reflexology for Summertime Feet

Recently stumbled across this comment in roaming around lots of great blogs out there: "Every barefoot adventure should come with a reflexologist included." I couldn't agree more! Thankfully, the days are warming up a bit. Sandal and barefoot weather are just around the corner. You may have even taken that step already on a few of the warmer days. We've all seen the outcome of running barefoot and wearing sandals all summer. The elements we encounter do tend to do some damage -- blisters, callouses, dry rough skin, etc...you know all about that. Those callouses and rough skin may keep some areas of your feet from receiving the stimulation the various reflex points require to keep all the organs in your body functioning optimally. Those barefoot adventures coming with a reflexologist is surely a potential feel good health & wellness experience extraordinaire!