Skip to main content

What is Reflexology?




Reflexology -- a topic mentioned in more than one of my posts, and certainly the main topic of the one published earlier today -- but just exactly what is reflexology????

Happy Feet? -- Maybe, but read on. . .

One of the definitions we learned in class goes like this: Reflexologists understand that the entire body is mirrored on the feet and hands. Foot and hand reflexology is a scientific art based on the premise that there are zones and reflex areas in the feet and hands which correspond to all body parts. The physical act of applying specific pressures using thumb, finger, and hand techniques results in stress reduction which causes physiological changes in the body. A primary benefit of reflexology is relaxation. Relaxation through reflexology may help the body to balance any kind of stress it is experiencing.*

Reflexology has been around for centuries. The use of this technique, especially in our western culture, all but disappeared. In the early 1900's new "discoveries" brought renewed attention to this modality. Today in some states like Tennessee, it has its own designation under the states division of Health Related Boards.

You may live in the Memphis, TN area. Would this experience be one you may enjoy? Email me at lynnsorganicchoices@yahoo.com to learn more. (Please copy and paste email address into your email compser.) Also, please visit www.FootstepsInEden.com

*Reflexologists are not medical doctors, do not practice medicine, do not diagnose or treat for specific illness, and do not prescribe or adjust medications.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raw Food Facts

Of all the species of life on earth throughout history, only one alters it from its original raw state. No wonder why our species experiences more diseases than all other species combined. The SAD diet includes on average about 5,000 artificial additives each year. Raw broccoli contains just about as much calcium as whole milk and is linked to lower cancer risks.

ALIVE! My Morphed Newsletter

SENSE ABOUT SCENTS has morphed. As an Independent Representative of the Young Living Essential Oils company, many received a monthly newsletter via email, SENSE ABOUT SCENTS. Since discovering the wonderful ONEGroup miessence® line of organic skincare and cosmetics , and launching my FOOTSTEPS IN EDEN reflexology business I've seen what I believe are some awesome reasons for morphing that newsletter into this wonderful blog. Since late October I have been working to bring blog readers helpful information on a variety of health and wellness topics. I've also included links to fun, informative, and educational spots on the web offering products and services I believe my readers will love and enjoy. When I am forced to categorize this blog, it's under health and wellness, but my readers also find posts and links relating to greening our world, family, spiritual matters, shopping, and more. In the last couple of weeks I've learned to offer an opportunity for readers to be...

New Science of Yoga Program

I f you're like me, if/when you started yoga you may have felt very confused by all the choices. Making sense of yoga and figuring out the right approach was, for me, frustrating to say the least. Then I found something that made all the difference in the world. It took the mystery out of yoga and gave me all the tools and guidance I needed to totally transform my health and my life ... What if there was a way for you to stop spinning your wheels too and finally start realizing all the great health benefits of yoga ... quickly and more easily than you even imagined? Well, I'm excited to tell you that now there is! Yogacharya, director of International Yogalayam, has just released his newest (and in my opinion, best) yoga home study program called The Science of Yoga . This one of a kind yoga training course just got released to the public today , and with the special offer on it for the next 72 hours , you really can't go wrong (there's even 3 excellent free bonuses in...